So you want to change up your flooring this year? You’ll be glad to know that the options are literally endless when it comes to changing your floors.
This article is going to specifically discuss one popular flooring option — marble in order to help you decide if it is the right fit for your home.
As with any flooring, there are pros and cons to marble flooring. In order to know if marble floors would be the best option for your home, here are some of the most common pros and cons of marble flooring.
What are the Pros & Cons of Marble Flooring?
Let’s start off on the positives of marble flooring, shall we?
Pros of Marble Flooring:
Marble flooring offers many benefits to homeowners. It is simple, gorgeous, easy to clean and much more. Let’s look closer at each of the benefits of marble flooring to further solidify that marble flooring is a good option.
- Eco-friendly flooring: marble is a natural material. It is more eco-friendly than many other flooring types that use synthetic materials and lends a wild sort of feel to any home. If you appreciate a subtly natural aesthetic and environmentally friendly flooring option, marble is an easy way to accomplish both points in one material.
- Marble flooring is resistant to the elements: unlike many flooring types that fuel fire or are greatly affected by environmental change, marble has no such flaw. It is fire and water-resistant as well as resilient against fluctuating temperatures.
- Marble is luxurious: one of the most elegant flooring options out there, marble has a polished, glamorous appeal that never ceases to be a classic. If you enjoy a luxurious aesthetic, marble floors accomplish this better than almost any other floor on the market.
- Marble floors pop! They give any home an instantly unique aesthetic. They will make your home’s interior stand out, unlike any other floor.
- Marble is easy to polish: many natural stones lack that certain glimmer that homeowners find enticing. Marble has no such issue though. Marble is easily polished, homeowners can acquire that sought after glimmer in a matter of minutes with marble floors and a bit of polish.
Now that you’ve become aware of the copious benefits that come with marble floors, let’s take a look at the cons.
Marble Flooring Cons:
- Marble doesn’t give: to state the obvious, marble floors are not soft by any stretch of the imagination. If you don’t mind a floor that doesn’t give and is harsher on the joints, marble floors will suit you.
- Marble floors are cold: cold feet are a real con to this wonderful type of flooring.
- Marble can chip: if heavy items are dropped on marble floors the floor has the potential to chip or crack — necessitating difficult repairs.
- Marble has the potential to be expensive: floor pricing is very individual depending on where you look. Prices have the potential to range depending on the area, the distance the product has to travel, and quality.
- Marble can get very slippery: we’re talking hazardously slippery here. We advise all homeowners with marble floors to exercise caution when they mop their floors and to dry up all spills instantly.
How to Know if Marble Flooring is Right for Your Home
Based on the information above, you should now have a pretty good idea of whether marble floors would be a good idea for your home or if they wouldn’t suit your practical needs. If you still feel uncertain about if you should have marble flooring installed in your home, give SDA Flooring a call.
Our team of flooring professionals would be happy to answer any additional questions that you might have in order to help you find the absolute best flooring for your home.
Find a Reliable Flooring Company Near You
Here at SDA Flooring, we prioritize quality products and services above all else. We want every homeowner to have a pleasant reflooring experience and want to be the company that you call. Open communication and honesty are valued by every member of our team, your trust is invaluable to us and we truly cannot be happy until you are.
We might not be the first flooring company that you’ve worked with but we can assure you that we will be the last one you ever need to call. Once you work with our qualified team of trustworthy flooring professionals, the thought of ever working with anyone else will be out of the question.
To schedule a date to start on your flooring project, give SDA Flooring a call today.